FedRAMP Technical Readiness Assessment
Before “Set” or “Go,” You Need to Answer “Ready?”
What Is FedRAMP?
The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (or “FedRAMP”) provides a standardized approach to cybersecurity authorizations for Cloud Service Offerings (CSOs). FedRAMP is a US government-wide program that promotes the adoption of secure cloud services across the federal government by providing a single, standardized approach to security and risk assessment for cloud technologies used within federal agencies.
While FedRAMP security controls are largely based on familiar NIST 800-53 cybersecurity controls, there are crucial differences.
- FedRAMP compliance is highly prescriptive, with specific control values that require both evidence and tracking
- FedRAMP compliance levels are highly variable, with distinct levels of stringency – like “Moderate,” “High,” and “Low-Impact-SaaS” – for different data protection levels
- FedRAMP achievement or “Authority to Operate” (ATO) can follow many convoluted paths, whether Agency-based or JAB-based
- FedRAMP is more than point-in-time compliance: it requires ongoing, strictly defined continuous monitoring (ConMon services) in order for products and services to maintain their ATO status once issued
- FedRAMP compliance requires an enormous amount of document and records, with required reports like RAR, SAR, SSP, ISCP, Policies, Procedures, and POA&M
What Is Anitian’s Technical Readiness Assessment (TRA) For FedRAMP?
TRA for FedRAMP is a technology-first approach to assessing an organization’s readiness for FedRAMP. TRA for FedRAMP is a hybrid solution that blends FedRAMP-proven technology and real-world expertise to help SaaS providers understand FedRAMP requirements, gauge their current solutions, and understand what obstacles they can expect (and which pitfalls they can avoid) along their path to ATO.
TRA for FedRAMP combines a detailed, expertise-driven assessment of your solution’s current architecture and security posture with a programmatic, automated evaluation of required controls, your application or services’ cloud environment, and potential security issues. It determines how ready your application or service is to undergo the rigors of FedRAMP assessment, as well as the ability of your product and technologies to make it through to ATO and availability in the FedRAMP marketplace. Customers who complete the assessments provided in TRA for FedRAMP can use the information they receive to make informed decisions about their FedRAMP process, their options, and how the SecureCloud platform can accelerate their journey.
Anitian is your FedRAMP expert
Pre-engineered FedRAMP Automation
Research Brief: Simplifying FedRAMP Compliance
Case Study: Sentinel One and the FedAMP Process