- This event has passed.
Automating Security in the Cloud – Workshop
March 14 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
Sponsors: Anitian, CloudCheckr, Trend Micro, Splunk, GitHub, Puppet
AWS customers continue to struggle demonstrating alignment with security, compliance and audit requirements, such as the PCI-DSS. Additionally, many compliance requirements necessitate administrative and operational security controls that lack technical validation.
This workshop is designed to instruct AWS cloud engineers, DevOps team members, security practitioners, and Managed Security Service Providers (MSSP) how to secure and manage regulated customer workloads in AWS. This class will focus on the security of an AWS customer account design (e.g. AWS CIS Foundation Benchmark), security architecture (e.g. AWS CIS 3-Tier Web Benchmark) and security automation leading practices. This workshop is an intermediate to advanced workshop with an emphasis on designing security automation for regulated workloads in AWS (e.g. PCI, DoD, CJIS, HIPAA, DFARs (800-171), FERPA and others).
The result will enable cloud engineers and security practitioners to design, architect and implement automation in an AWS customer account to automatically enforce compliance requirements. It will also enable attendees to document their security governance/audit readiness through integration of AWS Security Partners from our AWS Marketplace and Security Competency Partners and Solutions.
What will I learn in this class?
- How to design automation in AWS to enforce security controls and compliance requirements
- Automate audit findings to accelerate the compliance process
- Use AWS Partners and Marketplace tools to create more secure and reliable environments
- Establish secure foundational account design and/or remediation of existing customer accounts
- Configure and manage AWS Security Services with a focus on automation
- Implement and design security automation services through AWS services and partner solutions
- Manage, secure and audit the use of AWS services using real-time risk management processes
- Leverage shared compliance across multiple security frameworks (e.g. PCI, DoD, CJIS, etc.)
- Learn about and leverage key security partners from the AWS Partner Network (APN)
- Learn about Container Security, Serverless Architecture, Advanced Encryption, and Auto-Healing in AWS
Register today, space is limited.
Registration link is at the top of this page.