Healthcare hacking is on the rise. Cybercriminals have figured out how to monetize Personally Identifiable Information (PII) for identity theft, fraud, and even blackmail. This makes anybody who handles PII a target for hackers.
With the roll-out of the HIPAA Omnibus ruling in 2013, the scope of HIPAA compliance was significantly expanded to cover business associates who provide services to healthcare organizations. This means that any organization who handles, transmits, or has access to PII is not only required to be HIPAA compliant but also is a target of healthcare hackers.
Join us for this webinar as the HIPAA compliance experts at Anitian discuss how healthcare hacking has created a more dangerous landscape for a wide array of businesses.
- Why healthcare data is so valuable to criminals
- Common tactics cybercriminals use to steal data
- A quick primer on HIPAA compliance and Meaningful Use certification
- The importance of risk assessments
- A pragmatic strategy for HIPAA compliance that goes beyond checking boxes, and protects PII